CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Practice News Story #8: Sports

Jazz Pull Out Victorious
Posted: 8:56p.m. PT, March 23, 2007

Los Angeles, Calif.- The Utah Jazz hit two big three-pointers within the last two minutes of the game against the Los Angeles Clippers to seal the deal. The Jazz ended up winning the game 106-99. Some of the key players tonight were: Derek Fisher, Paul Milsap, and CJ Miles from the Jazz; also Elton Brand from the Clippers.

Rookie Paul Milsap has had great back to back games, he played a big part with the Jazz getting these two consecutive wins. Head coach Jerry Sloan said, “It’s great to have him come in and have a great game.” Derek Fisher, who also came out strong tonight said, “I love feeling like I can do something to add some energy to the fire.” Sloan also seemed pleased when he said, “The Clippers came in with a lot of energy and we matched that in the second half … it’s always good to get a road victory.” This was probably a good turning point for the Jazz, seeing how they lost their last four road games.

Marty Burns, an analyst for Sports Illustrated said, “This solidifies what I’ve been saying about Sloan all year … hands down, my opinion is Sloan for coach of the year … the Jazz are ending the season much higher than expected.” From the Utah Jazz official website, it says “Now entering his 19th season as head coach of the Utah Jazz, Jerry Sloan is the longest tenured coach with one franchise in major professional sports. He led the Jazz to consecutive NBA Finals in 1997-98 and is the fifth-winningest coach in NBA history.”

3 comments:

AmeliaMBell said...

Dang! I was having a hard time writing this PNS and was looking at others for some tips and I was totally blown away by yours. The excitement is completely captured in your words; it's really well written and is easy to follow the game. Excellent!

Matt and McKenzi said...

Wahoo! Heather you did an awesome job on you sports story! Like Amelia, I was also having a hard time writing my story. After I got done I read yours and thought exactly the same thing, good enthusiasm! My story was mostly an outline of facts, but I enjoyed the feeling of yours! Awesome Job!

Ty Rogers said...

Looks great Heather. Lots of good extra info. Tell the fam I said hey!